Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Christmas in Montana

So you've probably heard this little statement, "If ye are prepared, ye shall not fear." Well Portland, OR was filled with great fear this Christmas as they were dumped on for the first time in fifty years. (I heard anywhere between 30-60 years, so I thought I was safe with fifty). This lack of preparation put Ryan, Kate, Ryan's sisters, and me on 3 cancelled flights trying to fly home from Salt Lake for the holidays. Through the good graces of Ryan's dad, we finally arrived in Portland before Christmas via a flight to Seattle and one very cramped drive from Seattle to Portland (7 people in six seats plus 7 people's stuff for the 9 day stay)

Growing up, I loved, loved, loved the snow. Winter came with much anticipation and excitement because we were prepared and had all the right stuff to have fun and be safe in the winter weather. We embraced the cold and snow because we knew it would come with or without a good attitude and warm socks.

This is my mom reminding me what a difference it makes when you are prepared and can enjoy winter. She's on our trampoline in our backyard.





































Check out these other awesome shots from winter in Montana - I miss home.

1 comment:

  1. I saw one of those pictures on Robyn's blog--so funny. I remember some of that Portland paranoia--I think I was probably one of those people!

    ReplyDelete